A Pragmatic, Realistic Introduction To The Dentist’s Role In Preventing Sleep Apnea
Perhaps the most popular topic in the world of dental CE is that of sleep apnea. We have all been told about how insidious and deadly this highly undiagnosed disease can be, but sadly, most of our CE centers around dental treatment, often based on expensive oral devices and an ethically questionable shift in our roles as healthcare practitioners.
In this highly entertaining and pragmatic full-day course, Dr. Gupta presents a realistic vision of our roles in preventing this disease, especially in susceptible children, while still staying in our lanes as dentists.
- Learn what to look for and what to ask for during every new patient and recall exam
- When sleep-disordered breathing is suspected, learn the next steps in achieving an official diagnosis and actionable plan of treatment
- Learn how to communicate with local MDs without creating awkwardness
- Discover exactly what the next steps should be after establishing sleep-disordered breathing, without limiting your treatment options to an expensive oral device
- breakfast & registration: 8am
- lecture: 9am to 12pm
- lunch: 12pm
- lecture: 1pm to 4pm