Between The Threads
Uncovering Comprehensive Implant Therapeutics For The Dental Hygienist
This program looks between the threads to better understand the imperative role of the dental hygienist in identifying potential dental implant candidates, evaluating systemic conditions affecting dental implant success, assessing stable and diseased peri-implant sites, diagnosing Stage IV and peri-implant diseased cases, maintaining single, multiple or all-on-four/all-on-six patient cases, and actively treating peri-implant diseased patients.
Let’s establish and maintain a stable foundation of dental implant protocols while threading through the research and uncovering new trends and techniques aimed to elevate comprehensive standards in the provision of dental implant care… together.
- Review the Dental Hygiene Process of Care as it relates to assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the dental implant candidate
- Discuss the optimal Dental Hygiene Process of Care for an active dental implant patient
- Describe the American Academy of Periodontology standards regarding the diagnostics of peri-implant disease, including therapeutic opportunities for a Stage IV patient
- Identify appropriate preventive and therapeutic modalities as well as advanced periodontal procedures designed for dental implant patients
- Discover futuristic trends in the provision of dental implant therapeutics